The perfect wedding gift doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are 10 summer wedding ideas that will delight newlyweds without blowing the budget
- Put them on the front page – Immortalise their day forever with the unique wedding gift of a front-page news story. For just £14.99, Getting Personal will create a newspaper front page that looks exactly like the real thing.
- Commission a poem – for a truly personalised wedding gift, commission a poem. There are lots of brilliant wordsmiths out there who can craft a beautiful wedding gift poem.
- Opt for handmade – sites like Etsy are awash with amazing gifts created by talented individuals. Google ‘wedding gifts on Etsy‘ and you’ll find things that aren’t available on the high street.
- Say it with silver – for a wedding gift in silver that will be a keepsake forever, opt for a bespoke piece of jewellery.
- Wedding gift vouchers – if you are not a fan of wedding gifts lists, are stuck for time and clueless as to what to buy then gift vouchers for their favourite store will always be appreciated.
- Starstruck – for a unique wedding gift idea that will last for eternity, name a star after the happy couple.
Make something special…
- Do some detective work – when it comes to wedding gifts for friends, nothing beats asking parents and siblings for ideas.
- Wedding book – if family members come up trumps, get photos of the newlyweds from birth to present day and create a book they’ll cherish forever. An easy wedding gift UK option.
- Cook up a surprise– if they’re foodies, why not hire a chef to cook them a romantic meal a deux once they’re returned from their honeymoon. Club together with friends and it won’t be as expensive as you think. Y/Hangry charge from just £100 including groceries. A lovely wedding gift for couples.
- Say it with sewing – do they have a favourite old T-shirt or perhaps an item of clothing that belonged to a late relative? Jumpers, shirts, and even jeans can be turned into gorgeous keepsakes such as cushions and mascots. The Lovely Keepsake Company will make a memory cushion for £50. It’s a personalised wedding gift that’s hard to beat. If you’re looking for a wedding gift for the bride, ask around to see if there is any material left over from the bridesmaid’s dresses or even her wedding dress. Or perhaps there is an item of clothing she had as a little girl that is tucked away somewhere.
NB Don’t forget to put a note in your calendar of the wedding day date as that way, you’ll never forget the couple’s wedding anniversary. In addition to some quirky wedding cards, we also have anniversary cards you’ll want to keep forever.